Model United Nations, abbreviated as MUN is a simulation conference of actual United Nations where Participants are known as Delegates and follow specific Rules and Procedures of United Nations. Delegates represent a specific country in a certain committee. Delegates create a Draft Resolution by working together, to solve the problem stated in the agenda of the specific committee.
Notre Dame College Model United Nations is a MUN conference arranged annually by Notre Dame International Understanding and Relation Club (NDIURC). The conference gained huge popularity for it’s affordability and quality MUN experience with one of the best Secretariat and EB Members.
The third session of Notre Dame College Model United Nations will take place from 31 January, 2019 to 2 February, 2019
1. For Delegates and Campus Ambassadors: Any student studying from Grade VIII to Grade XII or equivalent can participate in the conference. The applicant should be a Bangladeshi Citizen. Participants with Dual Citizenship with one being Bangladeshi can also participate in the conference.
2. For Executive Board: Anyone with proper MUN Experience can apply for the EB Position in NDCMUN conference. The applicant should be a Bangladeshi Citizen. Applicant can also apply if they have Dual CItizenship with one being Bangladeshi, or if they’re Bangladeshi citizen currently residing/studying abroad.
For more questions regarding eligibility for participation, mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
You can participate in NDCMUN as a Delegate, Campus Ambassador or Executive Board Member. NDCMUN accepts the participants only through online applications. You can find the Online Application Forms in Registration> Apply of our website.
After applying as a Delegate, you’ll receive a confirmation mail with your Name, Email, Mobile No., Institution & Registration Code within next 48 hours. If there’s any wrong information in the Email, mail us within next 6 hours with your updated information and Registration ID to email@example.com.
If you didn’t receive any confirmation mail within 48 hours of your application, please consult with our Delegate Affairs Department via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Messenger (https://m.me/NDIURC1)
To Be Disclosed soon.
The Registration fee for NDCMUN 2019 is BDT 2000.
Sorry, NDCMUN follows a very strict policy regarding Delegates and Visitors access. Only delegates with proper documents will be allowed to enter the Campus after Security Screening.
We provide a whole lots of things for the Delegates with Registration Fee. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect in NDCMUN 2018:
1. A Delegate Kit with Writting Pen, Pad, Folder, Schedule, ID Card, Food Coupons, Placard and Guideline to NDCMUN.
2. Evening Snack on Day 1, Morning and Evening Snacks, and Lunch on Day 2 and Day3, DInner on Day 3.
3. Adequate amount of Bottled Mineral Water and Refreshment Drinks.
4. Your Participation Certificate
Notre Dame College is situated in Arambag, Motijheel, Dhaka 1000 which is approximately 600m from Shapla Chattar in Motijheel Junction. Notre Dame College is well accessible by both Road and Railway.
1. By Bus: Hop on to any bus with a stop in Motijheel and ask to drop you off in front of Notre Dame College. You can find abundance of buses to Motijheel from Farmgate, Mohammadpur, Shahbag, Dhanmondi, Mirpur 1, Cantonment and Uttara. You can also take a ride on Rapid Pass Enabled Bus Services from Abdullahpur, Uttara, Banani and Farmgate. (BRTC AC Service & Umama)
2. By Train: Get on to any train going to Dhaka Kamlapur Rail Station from Airport Station, Banani Crossing, Tejgaon/Karwan Bazaar Station and Narayanganj Station. Then take a rickshaw from Dhaka Kamlapur Station to Arambag Notre Dame College which will cost approximately 20/30 Taka and take around 10 minute. Make sure to check the train schedule on Railway’s website before planning to commute via Train.
3. By Ride Sharing Services/Taxi: Set your Destination as ‘Notre Dame College Dhaka’.
4. By Rickshaw: You can reach Notre Dame College from nearby locations like Baily Road, Old Dhaka, Kamlapur, Fakirapool, Sayedabad, Moghbazar, Mouchak, Rajarbagh etc. via Rickshaw.
Sorry, NDCMUN does not provide any sort of accommodation facility for it’s participants from outside Dhaka. But you can get assistance from the Secretariat for accommodation suggestions and advices. Mail us to email@example.com for assistance.
Things you can bring:
2.Laptop inside a laptop bag, it’s charger, Pendrive, CDs and certain Laptop Accessories.
4.MP3/MP4 players, iPod or similar devices
5.Earphone, Earbuds and Mobile Chargers
8.Small purse/vanity bag for ladies with maximum dimension of 6.7’x 9.4′ x 3.9′ inches
9.Medicines/Medical Accessories with proper prescription/certification from registered physician
1.Any sort of outside foods/drinks
2.Knife, Pocket Knife, Objects with sharp end that can be used lethally,
3. Fireworks, GunPowder, Selfie Sticks, any sort of ammunitions and firearms.
4.Any sort of medicines without prescription/certification of registered physician
5.Any sort of things considered as Drugs/Narcotics according to Bangladesh Law
6.Alcohol and Alcoholic substances
7.Any sort of remote and remote controlled equipments
8.Professional Quality Equipments including DSLR/SLR Cameras, Tripod/Monopod, 9.External Flash, Drones and Sound recording equipments.
10.Laser Guns, Flare, party sprays and confetti guns
Gents: Western Formal/Semi Formal Attire. Gents are not allowed to wear Jeans clothing, Slippers, Sneakers, Shorts, T-shirts and any sort of clothing that looks informal and unprofessional during the conferences. Shirts are always expected to be tucked in.
Ladies: Western Formal/Semi Formal. Female participants aren’t allowed to wear Full Neck Revealing Gowns, T-shirts and any sort of clothing that looks informal and unprofessional during the conferences. Females are allowed to wear High Heels on all days of the conferences, but high heels should be removed during any sort of emergencies. Those who are uncomfortable in Western Formal Attires can wear Saris on all three days of the conference. No participants are allowed to cover their faces up (including religious and health issues) during any time of the conference.
i. All information of the participant provided in the Registration Form will be kept secret and secured. Certain information like Gender, Level of Study or Age will be shared with the Sponsors and Notre Dame College Authority for research and data collection purposes.
ii. Participant will have to bring printed copy of his/her allocation mail, a passport sized photo and a photocopy of Passport/Student ID Card/NID/Public Examinations Certificate or Money Receipt on the first day of the event.
iii. Participant will have to wear ID Card all the times during the event.
iv. Participants will be checked by Notre Dame College’s Guards, Private Security Officials and NDCMUN’s Representatives at the Gate on all three days of the conference. v.Participants are expected to cooperate with the personnels at the Gate.
vi.In case of suspicions, participants can be challenged by the Security Personnel and a thorough search and questionnaire session can take place.
vii. No Private Vehicle (Including cycles and motorbikes) will be allowed inside the campus.
viii. No Vehicle belonging to the participants can park in around 50 feet radius of the entrance gate.
ix. If any participant is found carrying anything illegal according Bangladesh Laws, he/she will be handed over to local police.
x. Any sort of Racial/Religious/Cultural/Sexual discrimination or harassment will lead to immediate expulsion and can be prosecuted as per Government Laws.
xi. A participant is not allowed to leave the conference at any time except for the scheduled leave. In case of emergencies, the participant will have to take a written consent from the Secretariat.
xii. The event will be extensively documented through Photographs, Videographs and Sound Recordings. Every participant shall comply with such documentation.
xiii. All participants are strictly advised to maintain decency (as per Bangladeshi Society) during Social and Cultural Functions.
xiv. NDCMUN reserves the full right to deny access, terminate or expel anyone from the event.
xv. Each and Every participant is expected to follow the directions given by NDCMUN Secretariat.
xvi. During any Emergency (e.g Fire or Earthquake), all delegates shall follow the directions given by Room Coordinators and Secretariat Members. In such emergencies, both male and female delegates should open their shoes/footwears, sharp jewelleries and will only take important accessories like Cell Phone and Wallet.
To be updated soon!